How to Receive a Grant of HK$ 50K to Promote IT
The Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO) is inviting secondary schools to design and organise IT activities from March 2016 to December 2016 “with an aim to foster a pro-IT atmosphere and stimulate interest in IT in the school community.”
The deadline for submitting the documents required is February 1st at noon. It’s a Monday, so make sure to finish your draft by let’s say Thursday January 28th (less than a week!) and read proof it on Friday 29th.
A maximum funding of HK$ 50,000 will be provided to support the schools in running the programme.
You can use this money for:
- Hiring of professional services, such as from tertiary institutions, industry corporations, and teaching service providers;
- Preparation of programme materials;
- Procurement of consumables for organisation of IT activities; Rental of IT teaching facilities and venue;
- Promotion of IT activities;
- Subsidising registration fees, travelling expenses and accommodation expenses of students in participating in competitions, exhibitions, industrial visits, etc.; and
- Subsidising examination fees of students in acquiring industry recognised certificates.
What you need to know:
there are three documents to read:
- Request for proposal documents (PDF)
- Annex A – Application form
- Annex B – Consent to disclosure
- proposals (Annex A and B) shall be signed and submitted in THREE hardcopies and ONE soft-copy on a CD/DVD, and be delivered by hand in a sealed envelope marked with words “RESTRICTED – Proposal for Organising 2015/16 Enriched IT Activities Programme” here:
- Office of the Government Chief Information Officer / 15/F, Wanchai Tower, 12 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong (Attn: Secretariat of Enriched IT Programme in Secondary Schools)
If you have troubles with the Proposal on Enriched IT Activities Programme, or have questions about the application, feel free to send us a message on Facebook. You may use for reference some of the workshops we are implementing in Hong Kong
Again, the deadline is Monday February 1st. It’s tight, but we know you can do it. Please, forward this message to anyone in Hong Kong willing to bring more computer science to students.
Here is the link to grab all the documents and know more from the Government of Hong Kong: http://www.ogcio.gov.hk/en/business/tender_eoi_rfp/rfp_201512.htm
Do not miss this chance to promote IT within your school to students who will benefit a lot from it.
We look forward to hearing back from you.
The team at FifthWisdom.